A new robust super-sweet sweet corn hybrid
• Suitable for fresh markets
• Excellent disease resistance
• Outstanding yield potential
• Concentrated harvest period
• Strong plants with robust growth habit
• Highly adaptable to variety of climatic conditions
• Very refined, cylindrical ears with excellent tip fill, golden yellow colour & good quality
A Supersweet hybrid for the Fresh market.
Late maturing hybrid that can be harvested 90 - 95 days after planting (Southern Africa conditions apply). The date of harvesting may vary by as much as 10 days between early and late seasons planting. This needs to be taken into consideration when planning planting schedules under different growing conditions.
Very large and robust plants with exceptional seedling vigour, with an average plant height of 1.2m. Ears are positioned 80 - 90 cm above the ground. A plant population of 50,000 - 55,000 plants/hectare is optimal for summer plantings. Plant population will influence ear size.
Very cylindrical and uniform ears with an average length of 17 - 18 cm and a diameter of 50 mm with 16 kernel rows. Kernel depth is typically 12 mm. Kernel colour is a deep golden yellow.
HR: local Rust strains (Rp1-G)
Features & Benefits:
ODYSSEY has good vigour and robust growth habit making it a good variety for summer production. The ear quality and uniformity ensures a good quality for the fresh market. The uniform growth habit means a relatively short harvest window.