A large, crimson sweet-type hybrid watermelon
• Attractive oval fruit with dark green rind and crimson red flesh
• Very firm texture with good flavour and brix
• Uniform fruit size of 10 kg to 15 kg
• Very high yield potential
• Resistant to Fusarium & Anthracnose
A hybrid Crimson Sweet type watermelon.
Main season 85 - 90 days.
Vigorous plant with healthy leaf cover and high, uniform yield.
Plant Population: 4,000 to 8,000 plants per ha.
Adaption: CARINA is recommended for main season production.
Fruit Characteristics: Large size, uniform oval-round fruit with weight of 10 - 15kg. The rind has a dark green colour with medium green stripes, and is resistant to sunburn. The flesh has a crimson red colour and crisp texture, with good flavour and brix.
Pollination: Approximately 7 male flowers develop for every female flower. When flowers appear, 2 to 4 bee hives should be placed per ha.
Features & Benefits
CARINA is very high yielding and produces large, high quality fruit with resistance to sunburn.
Disease Resistance: IR: Fon (0,1) / Co (1,3)